Saturday, April 30, 2011

We have an answer!

I finally got an answer as to what has been going on with my arm!!! I think everyone was questioning my dermatologist, but I knew all along my arm just was not right. Soooo I kept going back to her and after she cut my arm open and took the entire thing out....we finally have an answer!!!! Here is a description as to what it was...

Pyogenic Granuloma is a disease described as little ugly bump like of skin tissues. It seems that raw meat pieces coming out of skin. It is a benign type vascular lesion of the skin whose cause is not known. The surface Pyogenic Granulomas has a raspberry like or we can say raw meat like look. They disease can cause severe problems of discomfort and profuse bleeding. It can happen to adults as well as children. More females are affected than males. During the first three to four months of pregnancy it happen to pregnant mothers. The growth of skin is highly inflamed and red. Sometime some lacerations are found on the meaty skin bump. Our face and feet are generally affected by these bumps. Even just slight even movement or contact causes bleeding in it. We are not able to find exact cause that causes it. But it has seen that skin disease is caused by some skin disorder or injury .It grows very fast and rapidly after some days of injury and grows to half an inch size.

I am just glad that it is on my arm and not my face!!! So now treatment continues and I am comfortable with everything we are doing to treat it. I will be on meds for the next 6 weeks and I have double checked with my dermatologist and also Maielle's doctor that it is okay for me to take the meds and breastfeed! Everyone is comfortable so we continue on with treatment and a cure!!!!

No comments: