Thursday, October 22, 2009

Long awaited surgery!

It is now time for the long awaited surgery! Back in July I scheduled this surgery and just 3 days before the surgery my insurance decided to decline approval. So we waited for the appeal process to go through which we were told it could take up to 60 days, but it never takes that long (is what I was told). Well, it took 60+ days and I finally found out that they decided to approve the surgery and pay for 75%. So I scheduled the surgery again and 3 months and 2 weeks later I can now say that I will be going into surgery tomorrow around 3:00 (or whatever time my doctor shows up). I will be having laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to check everything out and look for endo and scarring. I am still at peace with this surgery and ready for some answers as to why we are still where we are. I so badly want to carry a baby and feel the miracle of life growing inside of me! We are hoping we will get some kind of answers through this surgery.

During this waiting time Marcus and I have been able to take a few trips and enjoy each other. We recently just got back from South Carolina. We had a very relaxing 8 day vacation in Myrtle Beach and Charleston. We slept late, did whatever we wanted when we woke up, and pretty much decided on a moments notice what to do for the day. There were no adventurous or high impact activities planned for this vacation, which we were perfectly fine with taking each day as it came. The thought kept crossing my mind that when we have kids we will most likely never have this kind of vacation again. So I loved the one on one time I had with my husband and just having a very relaxing week with great conversation and leisure drives and of course great food!

When I get the time I will post some pictures from this recent trip along with some from our other trips that we have gone on. For time being this infertility blog has turned into a vacation blog but I know shortly it will soon turn back to infertility, since we don't have any more trips in the near future and also the long awaited surgery is here.

1 comment:

The Dorns said...

Thinking of you today!