Friday, November 20, 2009

Feels right somehow...

We all have our plans for our lives. Most of us have sat down at some point and wrote down our 5 years…10 year…and so on…goals. I have done this more than once and my life. My life is not anything like I wrote down!!! Would I have ever wished my life to be the way it is right now? No and I don’t think anyone would wish to go through infertility and the ups and downs that go along with this. But am I happy? Am I right where I should be? Have I become a different person? Has God worked through these hard days? Yes, to all of these questions. I have grown through the pain, I have hope through the pain, I have a peace through the pain and I have been blessed through the pain!

I am learning to give up my plans, bit by bit! My very first post I stated some of my plans and that is just what they were MY plans. Would those plans have brought me joy…who knows but those plans were not Gods plans. Would I have cherished life the way I do now? Would I have taken for granted the very miracle of life? Would my marriage be where it is now? Daily I try to lay down my plans, but it is hard. I dream about what the future holds for us rather than living in the moment God has given me. Like the song says, today is the day he has made I need to rejoice and be glad in it!

Why would we be so stubborn to want to live our goals and plans? We are a selfish nation and the wave of have it your way has everyone thinking that they deserve something. This sickens me sometimes when I sit and think about what our nation is coming to. I am learning to give up my rights. The things I have are not mine and the life I live should not be selfish or stubborn. But we are all human and live in the World!

I am trying to live Gods’ will for my life. No matter what this life looks like, I know I will only be happy if I am living in his will. He knows what is best for me and will bring me happiness.

Here are a few lyrics from a song I heard:
This may not be the road I would choose for me, but it still feels right some how. I have never felt you as close to me as I do right now. So this is what it feels like to be lead!!!
This is what it feels like to be lead.

Really?!?!?!? This for sure is not the road I choose on those 5, 10, or 20 year plans, but in some strange way it feels right. THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE LEAD!!!

No comments: