Monday, March 23, 2009

Bathroom Redo!

The bathroom redo got bumped up even faster than we expected!!! I will start with the early wake-up call we got at 4:00 am earlier in the month. We where awaken by a very loud sound under our house followed by a continuous rushing/roaring sound. It took us awhile to figure out what it was, but as soon as we went outside and saw steam coming from under our house, we realized that we had a water line bust under our house. Well about an hour later we got the water turned off and tried to go back to bed. The next morning we called the plumber to come out and repair the line thinking that this would be no big deal. Well, when he came out he realized that it was a water line that was going to the vanity and he would have to tear out the vanity and the wall behind the vanity to repair the line. At that moment we realized that this is the prefect time to jump start the bathroom project that I have been talking about. We really were trying to hold off for at least another month or two, but I guess God has his own plans and this way I am able to do a lot of the work since we are taking a break from treatments. That night we torn out the vanity and ripped up the flooring. We also needed to have the vanity at the house the next morning for the plumber to install. We ran to the two hardware stores that we have in our area and decided on one we found at Lowe's. That next weekend I tore out wallpaper (the upper part of the wall was paitned over wallpaper). It took me the entire weekend to tear out the wallpaper and prepare the walls. I was very excited when I found out that the wall was finished behind the wallpaper, so I didn't have to put wallpaper back up!!!! Oh how I wished I would have tried to tear out the wallpaper before now.

Before:


After:

You thought you would see the finished bathroom, but we aren't quite finished with it yet. This has been a longer process than we expected!
Coming soon, we are hopefully installing the tile floors this weekend!

No comments: