Friday, July 23, 2010

Is love all you need?

All you need is love, love, love is all you need! It’s cliché, but is it true? In the IVF world is love all you need? I would say on some levels this is what gets you through cycle after cycle. But isn’t love all you need in the fertile world to make a baby? In the infertile world you need medical procedures, tons of shots, surgeries, sterile operating rooms and many doctors to even give you a chance of getting pregnant! With all of this going on it is so easy to leave the loving part out of the equation and just go through procedure after procedure. I think this is what tears most infertile couples apart. But you have to remember what the motivating factor behind all of this is! It was your love for one another that has brought you to this point. I know that IVF brought Marcus and I closer together and our love has grown stronger through the craziness of IVF. There is nothing that tests a relationship more than surviving an insanely difficult experience together. I would say that our infertility story is a love story!

It is so easy to focus on my own struggles and heartbreak from these experiences but I have to remember that this is both me and my husband’s journey of heartbreak to joy! He was right by my side through it all. Holding me when I was broken from a failed cycle, giving me shot after shot, holding my hand through cycle after cycle and sitting right beside me through all of the procedures. I could not have made it through the past almost four years without him by my side. Our love is stronger and all we did need was love...love for God and love for each other! This is what has brought us on the other side with a stronger love than we could have ever imagined!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

This is beautifully written. Thanks for sharing this. I know you guys have been through the ringer but you have come through with flying colors. I love that you have shared this experience and now are expecting your miracle and I'm so happy to be a part of your lives.

LuLu said...

wow it's a really beautiful blog and it's so true you're a very lucky girl to be so happy and have such a strong love

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.