Friday, July 10, 2009

And waiting is what we will do!

I am supposed to be having surgery today but the plans have changed! I said awhile back that we felt like we needed to take a break from everything and wait until we felt like it was time to move forward. I went ahead and scheduled my surgery for what I felt like was when I needed to have it. Well, today is not when I was suppose to have surgery and we will now wait some more.

Awhile back when I found out that I was going to have to have surgery I went ahead and checked with my insurance on coverage and they happily had no problems with coverage. They said they would cover 75% of the surgery and so we went on with scheduling. Well, a week ago (a week before the surgery) we got a letter in the mail from our insurance denying coverage for my surgery! So then we went into the appeal process...a week before the surgery! My doctor wrote a letter appealing their denial. On Wednesday I got the news that the insurance company has 60 days to process the appeal and they were in no hurry to process my appeal. I canceled my surgery and my pre-op appointment and we will wait some more.

While we have been waiting we have been blessed in sooooo many ways!!!! Time has flown by since my last failed FET in January. It was in February that we decided that we were going to put everything on hold and WAIT. Wait for what, we did not know, but we both felt a strong urge to just WAIT. Like my header says, we are waiting eagerly for our little miracle. We can't wait until that day comes but right now we HAVE to wait! While we have been waiting we have been taking a lot of trips and have more to come (2 as of right now and will gladly take more)! One blessing while we have been waiting is I have gotten a raise which makes paying loans, bills, notes and everything else a lot easier. We have had the money to be able to take a weekend away and stay in a nice hotel and eat at a very expensive restaurant and just be with each other. I have also had the opportunity to be able to take a week long vacation with my mom and sister and just relax. The weekend after I got back from Alabama Marcus and I went on another trip to Lake Conroe for 4 days and had a great time there relaxing some more and spending time with family. We have now been given a week long trip to anywhere we want to go; we just have to figure out where it is that we want to go????? We will have to pay for a few things including a flight (if we pick somewhere that will require a flight). We just need to decide where we want to go. We have thrown around going to South Carolina, Georgia, and a few other places. Anyone have any suggestions???? I would have never thought that we would have been able to take so many trips while also paying for infertility treatments but we have been blessed. I will continue to thank God for the many blessings that have been poured out on us because I truly can't believe the many blessing that we have received and am very thankful!

By my postponed surgery God is telling us, not now, just wait some more! So waiting is what we will do. We will not break down and let this ruin our lives, we will keep going and loving and praising God for who he is! Surprisingly this detour in our plans has not upset me; I know that it will happen at some point in time. I want to be open to whatever God is doing in my life and let God continue to work on me and mold me. I am here and I am waiting and I am loving the many blessing that are being poured out on my life while we wait!!!!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

this is an incredible outlook on your situation. I am so proud of you.