Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Come on Follies!!!

Well, we don't have to worry about me not reacting to the drugs. Now our problem is I am reacting too well!!!! Yesterday I was told to 1/2 the units of one of my shots, so we did that last night. This morning I had to go in for more blood work and an ultrasound. The nurse said that it was still a little early to see anything on the ultrasound but she did say that my endometrium looked great (it looked like a hamburger to me) and my right ovaries was slightly larger than the left. I don't quite know what all this means, but I guess everything looked good.

The nurse just called me with the results from my blood work this morning and my levels have more than doubled (from 433 to over 1,000). I now have to 1/2 both of my injections that I am taking and add on another injection to the mix tonight. That makes it a total of 3 injections per night!!!! The nurse did say that we need to slow down my estradiol levels to give my follicles a chance to catch up. So come on follies, get to growing!!!!! I also have to go in tomorrow for more blood work. After only two days of blood work, my arms already look horrible so I can only imagine what they are going to look like by the end of this week.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

This is getting exciting that your body is gearing up to make all those eggs! I hope they get the combination right to make just the right amount. The dr is very good. Think of your arms as scars in a battle of love!