Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update

I just talked with the nurse and they are a little worried about OHSS, because I am so little and my E2 levels are so high. They are putting me on a high protein diet with lots of fluids to help prevent OHSS.

For those of you that don't know what OHSS (Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) there would be a fluid shift from the intravascular system to the abdomen. She basically said that the body would become dehydrated because the bodily fluids would be filling up in the abdomen.

I know I am going to a great doctor and there was no way that they could have know that I would respond the way I did. Well, I am going tomorrow for more blood work and an ultrasound. I take three injections each night: Gonal-F, Micro-Ovidrel, and Cetrotide. The Gonal-F and Ovidrel are stimulation drugs and the Cetrotide is to prevent me from ovulating. I am on the smallest dose of Gonal-F that I can take and for tonight I am not taking the Ovidrel. They are doing all they can to keep me under control.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

I'm really keeping up with you today! I guess all you can do is what they tell you to. Hopefully things will slow down for tomorrow. Get plenty of rest.