Thursday, April 22, 2010

First!


First Purchase!
I made my first baby purchase! I bought these adorable yellow suede booties lined with brown fur. Since we will be having a winter baby I think they will be perfect! The problem is Zoe seems to be very interested in them. Marcus put them on the floor last night and worked with her leaving them alone and it only took one correction for her to leave them alone. Then we moved on to a baby crying to see what her reaction would be and of course she was very interested in that. She eventually went and laid on her bed and was fine with the noise. I hope her good behavior will continue on! She seems to listen to Marcus very well but not so much to me.

First Regular Ob/Gyn Visit!
I went on Monday to my first doctor’s visit and it was a very long morning! I had to have some fasting blood work done, so before my appointment I went and did that. I have blood sugar problems and pregnancy has made that a little worse so fasting in the morning was not good. Luckily the blood work didn't take long and I was able to go and get breakfast in the cafeteria before heading to my appointment. My obstetrician appointment was at 8:30 and we were the first people there, so I figured we were his first appointment...should not assume that ever! Shortly after getting there the waiting room was full of pregnant ladies (some past their due dates)! So they of course went in front of me....as I am sure they were worked in. I was happy to at last be one of them! I have gone to this doctor many times and just starred at the pregnant ladies and wondered if I would ever be one of them. And on Monday I got to join the pregnant club in the waiting room. We sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half before getting called back!!! Once we got called back everything was great. My weight went down, so he is a little concerned about that. It is strange because I have this growing belly but little to no weight gain! I really don't understand that, I guess it is just my uterus slowly moving up. The highlight of the appointment was we got to finally hear the heartbeat! Up until now, we have only seen it beating on the ultrasound screen. It was music to my ears to hear that whooshing, swooshing sound! Can’t wait to hear it again! I have also looked into having a 3D/4D ultrasound and will have that done after my BIG 20 week ultrasound!

First Vacation Planned!
We are going back to Gulf Shores for a relaxing family vacation. My parents, my sister and her husband are all going. I am looking forward to getting away and relaxing before we have a baby. I hope that Marcus and I will be able to get away a few times before the baby arrives, to be able to just soak in this precious time we have as a couple!

1 comment:

Michael Paine said...

Words cannot describe the joy I have for you in this miracle that you have inside you. What an expression of God's faithfulness to your unwaivering faith during your struggles to get here! May God continue to bless you and keep you healthy as you both grow!